Recognition and Awards
The Chairman’s HSE Excellence Award and the President’s HSE Recognition Award are our two prestigious internal programs highlighting teams that have achieved excellent health, safety, and environment (HSE) performance. The Chairman’s Award recognizes sustained performance during the past three years and in 2013 was presented by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Martin Craighead. The President’s Award recognizes excellence during the past year and is awarded by the hemisphere or business segment president. In both cases, teams must meet the enterprise HSE goals and attain a significant HSE achievement.
The winners of the 2012 Excellence Awards were:
Chairman’s HSE Excellence Award
- Baker Hughes Navigation Manufacturing Facility Houston, Texas, USA
- Baker Hughes Pine Island, Hempstead, Texas, USA
- Baker Hughes Qatar
- Baker Hughes Braeside, Victoria, Australia Blend Plant
- Baker Hughes Mountaintop, Pennsylvania, USA
President’s HSE Recognition Award
- Baker Hughes Tanggu Base, China
- Baker Hughes Shekou Base, China
- Baker Hughes Bangladesh Operations
- Baker Hughes Kakinada, India
- Baker Hughes Mumbai, India Integrated Operations
- Baker Hughes, Onne Completions & Production Facility, Nigeria
- Baker Hughes Malongo, Angola, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Baker Hughes AMO Facility, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Baker Hughes Manufacturing Facility, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Baker Hughes Geismar, La Calcium Chloride Plant
- Baker Hughes Houston Specialty Products, Texas, USA
- Baker Hughes Singapore Manufacturing and AMO Plant
- Baker Hughes Gulf of Mexico Drill Bits Houston Tx, Lafayette La & Houma La USA
- Baker Hughes Bakersfield Blend Plant, Ca, USA
- Baker Hughes Kilgore Blend Plant, Tx, USA
- Taft Manufacturing Company, Ca, USA
The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) awarded Baker Hughes five performance improvement awards in 2012, sponsored by SOCMA’s ChemStewards® program. This program promotes a manufacturing facility’s commitment toward continuous improvement, outstanding HSE&S performance, and educational outreach. The awards were presented to the following Baker Hughes locations:
- Gold winner
Kilgore Blend Plant—Texas
- Silver winners: Stakeholder Communications
Houston Blend Plant—Texas
Rayne Blend Facility—Louisiana
- Silver winner: Employee Training
- Bronze winner
Clients express appreciation that our employees are expected to work safely and to protect the environment. They know our efforts help to support their own sustainability goals. During 2012, the following are examples of the awards bestowed on Baker Hughes teams:
National oil company of Abu Dhabi, ADCO, awarded Baker Hughes the HSE Excellence DORIC (Drilling Operation Incident Review Committee) Award for outstanding participation in the HSE program.
Chevron presented the Gulf of Mexico operations team with the Chevron’s President’s Recognition for Accomplishments in Safety and Environment (PRAISE) Award. This award represents more than three million hours without a recordable injury and more than five million hours without any incidents of days away from work as of June 30, 2012.
Shell Global Solutions selected the Central Europe Pressure Pumping velocity string campaign for the Best Team of the Year award. The projects were evaluated based on HSE performance, nonproductive time, operational value, teamwork, and feedback from the local Shell team. In particular, the project resulted in enhanced production.
The Baker Hughes Chemicals and Industrial Services Process and Pipeline Services Group was recognized by Sakhalin Energy for quality and accident-free operations and conformance with health and safety requirements.