Leverage the internet of things (IoT) to improve uptime, productivity, and safety with our compact and powerful wireless vibration sensor and condition-based monitoring system.
When you need remote vibration monitoring combined with rapid, simple deployment of multiple sensors in a wireless network,
encrypted data transmission, long battery life, and the ability to work in hazardous environments, Ranger Pro condition monitoring sensors from Bently Nevada are the answer.
Our efficient and rugged Ranger Pro† provides, online condition monitoring data that is critical to an effective predictive maintenance program. The Ranger Pro can be used to gather important machine health data from a broad range of machinery across multiple industries including power generation, oil & gas, mining, pulp & paper, metal processing, and more. More than just a vibration sensor, the Ranger Pro allows for 24/7 monitoring of velocity, acceleration, and temperature plus timebase waveforms, spectra, and PeakDemod spectrum on important machine assets. Decrease unplanned downtime, increase machine life through predictive, condition-based maintenance with Ranger Pro wireless vibration monitoring system.
By eliminating “reporting by walking around” via accurate, remote data collection, your Ranger Pro Wireless system will save you labor costs, erroneous diagnoses, and unplanned production outages.
Easy to Install
Our compact, wireless design coupled with an extended battery life makes the Ranger Pro the obvious choice for ease of installation, even in hazardous or hard to reach settings
Long Battery LifeThe Ranger Pro wireless vibration monitoring system boasts an impressive battery life (up to five years in some configurations) also means increased protection and condition monitoring for all of your machinery.
ExpandableWireless (star or mesh), battery-powered, and compact (88mm by 40mm), the Ranger Pro Wireless vibration sensor can be set up in either uniaxial or tri-axial vibration detection configurations with temperature and can be provisioned and configured over the air.
Condition Monitoring SoftwareWhile the Ranger Pro is compatible with many third-party software solutions, it is now fully integrated with Bently Nevada's flagship condition monitoring software: System 1†, which allows for seamless, and fully customizable machine health data. System 1 is the only software suite that has been designed from the ground up to work with the Ranger Pro Wireless, leveraging the sensor's powerful data collection abilities so you can get the most accurate reporting on your overall machine health.
Maximize System 1’s Diagnostic HMI Capabilities with Expanded Connectivity
See how innovative products like the Ranger Pro, System 1, and many other products and services all work in concert to unlock the true potential of a real-time, plantwide condition monitoring solution.
Bently Nevada offers a full suite of machinery protection and condition monitoring hardware systems that can be combined with Ranger Pro wireless sensors and the SCOUT portables line of data collectors and analyzers to create a complete plantwide monitoring solution.
- SCOUT† – The SCOUT family comprises portable data vibration collectors and analyzers for walk-around programs.
- ADRE† – Bently Nevada’s ADRE portable machine diagnostic solution provides further high-speed diagnostic capabilities for those challenging machinery problems.
- vbOnline† Pro – designed for on- and off-route data collection, Bently Nevada’s vb data collectors feature ample storage and battery life to match.
All that data your Ranger Pro Wireless sends you is meaningless if you can’t sort and diagnose in an efficient way. With System 1 machine condition and vibration monitoring software you can leverage the power of your Ranger Pro Wireless sensor data in a secure environment – even triggering SMS and email alerts in the event of an adverse reading via our customizable notification templates.
While our Ranger Pro Wireless vibration sensor is pretty amazing in its own right, when you pair it with our System 1 software and any of our complimentary services, you know you’ll be getting the best holistic solution for your plant’s condition monitoring program. Some of our complimentary services include:
- Hosted Solutions
- System Maintenance
- Machinery Diagnostics
- Machine Health Audits
- Remote Condition Monitoring & Diagnostics
- Site Project Management
- Design, Installation & Commissioning
- 1 or 3 axis
- Sensing element
- Piezoelectric ceramic
- Amplitude range
- ±20 g peak
- Measurement accuracy
- ±5% (160 Hz) Z-axis ±10% (160 Hz) X and Y axis
- Transverse sensitivity (Typ.)
- 7% (160 Hz)
- Acceleration frequency range
- Z axis: 5 Hz (±3dB) to 10 kHz (±3dB) X and Y axis: 5 Hz (±3dB) to 4 kHz (±3dB) (tri-axial sensor only)
- Acceleration amplitude range
- 0 – 200 m/s2(0 - 20 g)
- Acceleration units / sub units
- g or m/s2 / peak or rms
- 2, 5, 10, 100, 200 (Hz)
- 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000‡Hz‡ 10,000 only on Z-axis
- Velocity frequency range
- 5 – 1000 Hz
- Velocity amplitude range
- 0 – 50 mm/s (0 - 2 in/s)
- Velocity units / sub units
- in/s or mm/s peak or rms
- 5, 10 Hz
- 200, 500, 1000 Hz
- Peak Demod Pk
- Z axis only
- Parameters based on PeakDemod Spectrum settings below
- Measurement interval
- 6, 8, 12, 24, 48, 168, 336, 672 hours
- Output data - Overall values using:
- Modbus from device gateway
- Generic Client Interface (GCI) into System 1
- Acceleration waveform
- X, Y and Z axis depending on sensor model
- 2, 5, 10 Hz
- 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000 ‡ Hz‡ Z-axis only
- Number of samples
- 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192
- Units/Sub units
- g or m/s2 / peak or rms
- Velocity spectra
- X, Y and Z axis depending on sensor model
- 5, 10
- 200, 500, 1000
- Number of lines
- 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- in/s or mm/s / rms
- Peak Demod spectrum
- Z-Axis only
- 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 Hz
- Demod Band Min
- 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 Hz Max 40000 Hz
- g, m/s2
Waveforms and spectra measurement intervals
6, 8, 12, 24, 48, 168, 336, 672 hours
Waveforms and spectra via gateway Generic Client Interface (GCI) into System 1
- Measurement range
- -40 °C to 120 °C (-40 °F to 248 °F) (Temperature sensor range. Not to be confused with allowable operating temperatures. Limited by battery and ambient conditions.)
- Output data
- Overall temperature values via Modbus from device gateway
- Network standard
- ISA100.11a or WirelessHART
- Radio standard
- IEEE 802.15.4
- Radio frequency
- 2.45 GHz ISM band
- Provisioning/ firmware updates
- Over-the-air using ISA100 network or via the USB docking station.
- Encryption/ security
- 128-bit AES encrypted packets
- Output power (peak)
- 10 mW, maximum
- Maximum RF Output Power
- 4 mW/MHz
- Wireless range
- 150 meters sensor to access point, 100 meters sensor to sensor, line of sight. (Actual range depends on obstacles present, gateway antenna type, and orientation of the sensor relative to the gateway antenna.)
Replaceable D size 3.6V lithium-thionyl chloride.
Warning: Use only one of the following batteries: Tadiran TLH-5930/S, Tadiran TL-5930/S, Tadiran SL-2780, or Xeno Energy XL-205F.
- -40 °C < Ta < 80 °C
- TL-5930/S, Xeno XL-205F, Tadiran SL-2780
- -40 °C < Ta < 70 °C
Up to five years depending on the operating mode and configuration.
- Operating temperature
- -40 °C to 85 °C (-40 °F to 185 °F) (Operating at extreme temperatures or beyond negatively affects battery life and may damage the sensor.)
- Vibration limit
- 20g peak
- Chemical resistance
- Stainless steel and high temperature, solvent-resistant PPS plastic.
- Shock resistance
- 0.5 meter drop onto concrete
- Maximum 3,000 m (9,842 ft.) outdoors
- 230 grams (without battery; 300 grams with battery)
- Height: 88 mm; diameter: 40 mm
- Case material
- 316 stainless steel body and glass-reinforced, impact-resistant PPS top
- Mounting hole
- M6 x 1mm X 5mm deep internal thread
- IP rating
- IP67 dust and water resistant (pending)
EMC conformity standards: IEC 61326-1, ETSI EN 301 489-1, CISPR22, ETSI EN 301 489-17
Radio spectrum: ETSI EN 300 328
Safety: ETSI EN 61010-1, IEC 62479
Hazardous atmosphere: CSA Class 1 Division 1 Groups A, B, C, D T4ATEX/IECEx Zone 0
Conformity: Compliant with all CE and FCC/IC requirements
Applies to RangerPro BN P/N: 121M6466, 121M6469, 121M6470
- 70M320 - ISA100
- YFGW 410 Field Wireless Management Station
- YFGW 510 Field Wireless Access Point
- WDM Wireless Device Manager
- FDAP Field Device Access Point
- Emerson 1410
- Emerson 1420
Bently Nevada's Ranger Pro Wireless temperature and vibration sensing system reduces the frequency of sudden equipment failures by way of accurate and early detection of an issue. Turn unplanned outages into manageable, predictive maintenance. With the addition of the Ranger Pro's wireless condition monitoring capabilities to your detection arsenal, you can expand your existing reliability program to gain a greater advantage in keeping your systems up and running.
When it comes to machinery protection, the more data, the better. The caveat is that your data needs to be accurate as well; otherwise, it's useless - or worse - detrimental to your efforts. Ranger Pro is a vibration and temperature monitoring system that provides you with the data you need to drive an effective predictive maintenance program.
Use Ranger Pro Wireless Condition Monitoring for immediate notifications of an issue, the acquisition of short- and long-term trending data, and diagnostic reporting. With wireless, plantwide and accurate data, you can eliminate the extra costs associated with "reporting by walking around" – and any potential misdiagnoses from mere observation.