- 97-mile pipeline
- Pipeline volume was 7,250 BOPD with discharge pressure at 1,460 psi
- Created $1.2 million USD revenue increase by cutting delivery time
- Increased annual revenue approximately $50,000 USD
- Reduced annual maintenance costs by $12,000 USD
- Cut annual power consumption costs by $2,000 USD
A pipeline operator in the mid-continent region of the United States needed a surface pumping system to increase capacity in a 97-mile pipeline. The pipeline volume was 7,250 BOPD with discharge pressure of 1,460 psi.
Key issues for pump selection included lead times, maintenance expense, and the ability to control the speed of the pump using a variable speed drive (VSD). The operator also planned to use a SCADA system for remote monitoring.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.