- Provide core equipment for a series of major expansion projects at the Qatargas and Ras Laffan LNG facilities
- Maximize train size to drive economies of scale, increasing efficiency, and reducing liquefaction cost
- A significant increase of gas turbine power was required compared to existing installations
- Larger turbines introduce additional performance challenges for compressors
- The two QG2 trains more than doubled the production capacity of the three older trains at QG1
- Implementation of lessons learned enhanced our efficiency and capabilities for the subsequent expansion projects
- Our six new compression trains propelled Ras Laffan Industrial City's LNG production to over 77 mtpa
Following up on the three compression trains installed at Qatargas 1, we were asked a few years later to support a series of major expansion projects for Qatargas and Ras Laffan LNG Company—designing and installing a total of six new liquefaction "mega-trains" with an unprecedented production capacity of 7.8 mtpa each.
Since then, we've continued evolving our gas turbine and compressor train technologies, and honing our service approaches to keep our customers, and the industry overall, moving forward.
Get the full story in PDF