- Up to two years faster from inception to operation—including significantly fewer on-site personnel and less site time
- Lower engineering and construction costs with fully tested plug-and-play modules delivered to site
- 20-30% less CO₂ lowering the carbon footprint of the liquefaction process
- Compact liquefaction modules (1 MTPA each) can be added incrementally to increase capacity while managing financial exposure
- Power-generation building blocks add to flexibility and maximize operability between power and liquefaction
- Onshore and offshore LNG
- Small to medium scale resources
- Ideal for remote locations
Many LNG reserves around the world (both accessible and remote) are too small to be economically viable with the traditional large-scale, stick-built approach to engineering and construction.
Our solution changes that with pre-constructed turnkey LNG modules that minimize risk and give you total control over business growth strategies.
Even the 1-MTPA range is now viable and easy. Our modules can be quickly commissioned and scaled up by one or more at a time—any time you want.
With a production capacity of 0.8–1 MTPA of LNG, each module weighs 3,000 tons and has a footprint of just 1,300 m2. Driven by an electric moto-compressor, the liquefaction process produces zero emissions.
1. Process module
- Air coolers
- Electrical control cabins
2. Electric moto-compressor
- 40 MW class with common soft start
- Other drivers available on request
3. Surge vessel
- Refrigeration storage
4. Cold box
- LNG production
- Soft starter
Power-generation building blocks
Each block can power up to three liquefaction modules—with the proven performance of up to four LM9000 gas turbines (including spare) and one SC2-19 steam turbine.
They ensure 99% availability and provide heat extraction to process. The LM9000 can meet CCGT requirements and power-generation integration with renewables.
We are currently developing a battery pack that will eliminate the need for the gas turbines spinning reserve.
Low-risk construction and installation
The liquefaction modules and power-generation blocks are all fully constructed, tested, and commissioned at our yard in Avenza, Italy, before shipping to your project site. Upon arrival, final installation is 30% faster than traditional stick-built approaches, and requires 60% fewer on-site personnel (figures are indicative; results vary depending on project specifics). These factors, along with simplified interconnections and civil works, dramatically reduce project costs.
The pre-tested, modular approach minimizes site non-conformities, enables exact replication from one module to the next, and ensures a predictable schedule with minimized risk.
Our Avenza yard has comprehensive capabilities, including:
- ~240,000 m2 and expanding
- 2 covered warehouses, 27,000 m2 combined
- 1.5 km from Carrara Port
- 4,000 tons load-out capacity
- 16 erection and testing areas
- Testing for power-generation modules at full speed and full load up to 130 MW
- Testing facilities under development for large LNG mechanical-drive trains at full speed and full load
- Avenza-Massa-Florence proximity enables seamless interaction between all our engineering, construction, and testing resources