- Order includes software and hardware solutions across Baker Hughes’ Digital Solutions portfolio
- Order expands on third quarter 2020 milestone frame agreement
HOUSTON and RIO DE JANEIRO – Jan. 22, 2021 – Baker Hughes announced today an order with Petrobras to provide a suite of digital solutions across Petrobras sites in Brazil. The order, booked in the fourth quarter 2020, will further expand Petrobras’ digital capabilities following a third quarter 2020 order for a three-year frame agreement across multiple Baker Hughes Digital Solutions product lines.
Baker Hughes will support Petrobras’ thermal plants; refineries; gas treatment units; production plants; offshore platforms; and floating production, storage and offloading units (FPSO) with its technologies, ensuring the latest regulatory requirements are achieved. The order includes flare monitoring and calibration technologies, cybersecurity and remote monitoring services, and interconnected machinery protection systems and sensors.
“Through our integrated suite of technologies, we can leverage data and the power of our software and hardware systems to significantly advance Petrobras’ digital transformation journey,” said Rami Qasem, executive vice president of Digital Solutions at Baker Hughes. “In addition, our deep domain expertise in industrial asset management will support Petrobras with reducing risks and emissions while maintaining safer operations.”
Baker Hughes technologies use real-time analytics to help customers improve machinery health, eliminate unplanned outages, reduce downtime, and avoid catastrophic failures. Petrobras will benefit from several capabilities across Digital Solutions product lines, including:
- Bently Nevada's latest generation Orbit 60 system, System 1 software licenses, and remote monitoring services for advanced industrial asset management.
- Panametrics’ Flare.IQ advanced flare gas monitoring and optimization system, and FlareCare services and parts for reduced carbon and methane emissions.
- Nexus Controls’ distributed control systems, cybersecurity services and human-machine interface (HMI) upgrades for safer and more reliable operations.
About Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes (NYSE:BKR) is an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and with operations in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.