Krautkrämer USM 100
Sleek but rugged, the Krautkrämer USM 100 is a portable, highly versatile flaw detector with smartphone-like capabilities. Designed ergonomically for unrivaled ease of use, it features a large touch screen and buttons that allow seamless ambidextrous operation. Digital features include a best-in-class user interface that streamlines setup, training time and updates.
- Flaw detection starts here
- Product highlights
- USM 100 PRO edition
- USM 100 + Inspection Works
- Request a demo
- Product video
- You might also like
Few inspection tools are more versatile than the portable Krautkrämer USM 100, built to tackle a wide range of inspection challenges. Perform comprehensive, accurate inspections on industrial assets, then enrich your inspection data with images and geolocation for improved traceability and reporting.
- Weld inspection
- Corrosion inspection
- Inspection of forging and castings
- Inspection of rails
- Inspection of composites
- Nuclear plant inspections
The Krautkrämer USM 100 amplifies the trusted ultrasonic features already offered by the USM series, taking accurate and repeatable inspections into a new era of flaw detection. The data sets from legacy USM Go+ and USM 36 are compatible with this new model, making for a seamless transition into the future. Premium features include:
- Averaging: Eliminates noise signals by real-time averaging of A-Scans
- iOS App: Enrich your existing ultrasound data with pictures and geolocation information of test specimens
- Customizable filter: Enables user configurable filter settings
- IF Gate/3rd gate: IF gate enables tracking of the interface echo and maintains a consistent TOF measurement
The Krautkrämer USM 100 offers unmatched comfort to make extended use for longer periods of time no problem. Its ergonomic features include:
- Lightweight and easy left- or right handed operations depending on user’s preference
- Eye-friendly, glove-compatible 7” LCD touch screen, viewable under any lighting and weather conditions
- Ergonomically designed and placed buttons
In addition to superior ergonomics, USM 100’s state of the art hardware design further increases its efficiency in daily use:
- Drop and vibration tested with an IP 67 rating, the USM 100 can be used in the most rugged environments
- Its modern and intuitive user interface reduces training time. Picking up the device, even unexperienced operators can quickly familiarize with the device and its functions
With inspection data being generated at a much higher rate than in years past, top notch data management and handling are no longer a nice-to-have but rather a prerequisite for efficiency. Built for an interconnected world, USM 100’s connectivity capabilities include:
- Remote access & fleet management
- Secure, cloud-based data management
- Apps to customize workflow
- Remote annual calibration to increase device up time
The newly developed USM 100 PRO edition boasts multiple new features, such as the industry-first B/C scanning capability and advanced connectivity and analytics features.
In combination with InspectionWorks, the Krautkrämer USM 100 offers superior digital features such as cloud-based data and fleet management, remote calibration and the ability to be customized with apps available in the public and private stores. Thanks to its connectivity options, processes and reports can be streamlined and inspection data can more easily be accessed, shared and analyzed – resulting in greater testing transparency and ultimately in better product quality.
Secure, cloud-based data management for immediate transfer, sharing and reporting of data
Sending a device in for annual factory calibration means it won’t be available to you for up to 2 weeks. But with remote calibration it can be calibrated at your premises in an hour
Download apps or customize your own, and update your fleet anytime, anywhere
Request a demo
Contact us to schedule your own on-site or virtual demo to discuss your unique application needs and how we can help you deliver peace of mind.