Waste management solutions from Baker Hughes ensure that you can meet the environmental goals of your project without compromising drilling efficiency. We can deploy an integrated suite of equipment and processes that effectively treat your liquid and solid drilling waste to prevent environmental noncompliance.
A major challenge in processing drilling waste is its diverse nature. Every treatment solution we design for a drilling project includes the best possible technology arrangement based on the characteristics of the waste material, the local environmental regulations, and the available infrastructure.
Cuttings treatment and handling: Lower risk and improved performance
Properly managing solids produced during drilling operations is critical. The right solution must address cuttings collection, storage, transfer, and treatment to respond effectively to the environmental and economic constraints of each project.
- Offshore bulk cuttings storage and retrieval: Maintain drilling continuity in your zero discharge projects with our large cuttings storage capacity, small footprint, and 100% retrieval during transfer operations
- Cuttings conveyance: Collect and convey wet and dry cuttings with our pneumatic and mechanical transfer systems
- Cuttings dryers: Handle high rate of penetration (ROP) rates and adapt to tight installation areas with our vertical and horizontal cuttings dryers
- Offshore thermal treatment units: Process higher oil-based mud (OBM) cuttings throughput with lower oil concentrations using less deck area
- Cuttings reinjection services: Handle environmentally sensitive projects, onshore or offshore, with our complete CRI package, including geomechanical analysis, waste injection, and well monitoring
Waste liquids treatment: Maximize recycling
We use existing technology and introduce new and better equipment to reduce the volume of waste fluids generated in drilling operations. Our technologies focus on effective recycling of valuable fluids to reduce the disposal cost and lower environmental risk.
- Water-based mud (WBM) dewatering: Segregate spent WBM using our chemically enhanced centrifugation systems to dispose the dewatered solids and recycle the clean fluids
- Completion fluids filtration systems: Full range of low-pressure equipment complemented with our patented high-pressure debris removal systems (HPDU) for maximum protection of wells and reservoirs
- Water clarification: Treat industrial wastewater from drilling locations to meet disposal parameters or to reuse it in the drilling process
- Slop treatment units: Meet stringent overboard discharge requirements for deck drain wastewater in offshore rigs
Contact Baker Hughes today so you can reduce NPT and environmental risks through more effective waste processing.