Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) Instrumentation
Work with the global leader in BWR detectors, sensors and equipment.
Improve Safety, Efficiency and Reliability with Reuter-Stokes BWR Solutions
Reuter-Stokes engineers have spent decades developing and optimizing BWR instrumentation for:
- Safety: Innovative designs reduce dosages to personnel during replacement.
- Efficiency: Solutions eliminate the need for two separate probes and reduce time spent swapping probes.
- Reliability: Engineered to avoid unplanned shutdowns and to ensure timely startups, rapid issue resolution, and effective delivery alignment with outage schedules and goals.
Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) Instrumentation Products
Local Power Range Monitors (LPRM)
- Miniature fission chambers for use with local and average power range monitoring
- Designed, manufactured and factory-tested to conform to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Nuclear Power Plant Components
Dry Tube Assemblies for BWR
- Designed, manufactured and factory-tested to conform to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Nuclear Power Plant Components.
Mechanical Drive Equipment
- SRM/IRM detector drive mounts, motor modules, flex shafts, drive tubes and shuttle tubes.
- TIP drive and indexing mechanisms, tubing and guide tube/valve assemblies.
Traversing In-Core Probes (TIPs)
- Gamma and neutron TIPs for LPRM sensor calibration and axial flux mapping.
Source (SRM) and Intermediate (IRM) Range Monitors
- Startup instrumentation sensors are calibrated for optimal measurements from below source level to ~10% of rated reactor power.
- Wide Range Neutron Monitor (WRNM) combines functionality of SRM and IRM detectors into one solution.
Electrochemical Corrosion Potential (ECP) Probes
- Design options for measurement without or during hydrogen injection for water chemistry monitoring.
Nuclear Undervessel Equipment
- Products, such as cabling and connectors, to enhance safety and efficiency during undervessel SRM, IRM, LPRM and WRNM detector work.
Control Rod Drive (CRD) Position Indicator Probe (PIP)
- Designed for durability, accuracy, time savings and ALARA savings.