- Control fluid losses by bridging microfractures and porous formations
- Prevent differential sticking by reducing filter cake permeability and spurt losses
- Ensure fluid loss reduction with minimal impact on drilling fluid rheological properties
- Water-based drilling fluids
- Invert emulsion drilling fluid systems
- Drilling through depleted or underpressured zones
Ensure effective control of lost circulation events with CHEK-LOSS™ lost circulation material (LCM) from Baker Hughes. From seepage to major fluid losses, our water-soluble, ultrafine, complexed cellulosic LCMs effectively arrest any lost circulation challenge to keep your drilling operation on track.
Loss control for any reservoir requirement
Work with our drilling fluids experts to arrive at a CHEK-LOSS LCM treatment customized for your specific need. For minor seepage losses, concentrations ranging from 2.0 to 8.0 lb/bbl (5.7 to 22.9 kg/m3) are typically applied. For more severe losses, CHEK-LOSS LCM is applied in pill form to achieve treatment dosages as high as 30.0 to 40.0 lb/bbl (85.8 to 114.4 kg/m3).
We collaborate closely with you to develop heavy LCM pills in the field that will not plug your surface mixing equipment. And once the CHEK-LOSS LCM pill has been circulated back to surface, the formulation can be passed through the circulating system for reuse, without risk of plugging your shaker screens.
With CHEK-LOSS LCM, you’ll be assured reliable and repeatable loss control, for improved drilling uptime and efficiency.
Contact us today to learn how CHEK-LOSS LCM can quickly resolve your most challenging lost circulation event.