Safety that makes sense
Operate your blowout prevention (BOP) systems with the utmost safety and efficiency. The SeaPrime™ Subsea MUX Control System is made to last. It performs in the most rugged offshore and subsea environments, providing increased reliability, availability, and safety—without increasing maintenance or service costs.
Long-lasting design and reliable performance
The industry-leading SeaPrime system is also designed to simplify maintenance and prevent costly stack pulls. Featuring Baker Hughes’s patent-pending, fault-tolerant design, it’s the first subsea BOP control system to include a re-routable smart redundancy feature that allows drilling to continue if components of one POD fail.
By simplifying access to critical components, utilizing only two pods, and re-routing hydraulic functions within a POD, SeaPrime delivers 3x more availability than existing systems.
Features and benefits include:
- Reduces potential leak points by 40% by eliminating 100% of pilot tubing
- Isolates and re-routes hydraulics within a POD, enabling the system to remain fully operational in the event of a failure
- Recovers drilling function redundancy using ROV-operated hydraulic by-passes and flying leads while staying subsea
- Separates ground faults within each instrumental bus
- Enables BOP stack flexibility for up to 8-cavity configurations