Nexus Controls OnCore† Control System, a distributed control system, is an advanced, fully configurable solution that improves asset visibility, provides built-in troubleshooting and maintenance tools, offers simplified expansion capabilities, and reduces overall installation and training costs for all your distributed turbine control system needs.
Nexus Controls OnCore Control System is an integrated solution for turbo machinery applications across a broad spectrum of different industries. They range from large heavy equipment, such as gas turbines, steam turbines, or hydro turbines, to compressive solutions that are integrated with turbines and provide high-speed anti-surge control. All of these can be managed using the Nexus OnCore Control System.
The Nexus OnCore Control System helps turbine plant operators improve their speed and accuracy in making critical decisions about turbine controls when the plant fails to operate under normal conditions. Nexus OnCore OptimumC HMI software offers an intuitive user interface with advanced tools for quickly troubleshooting and diagnosing issues. This capability optimizes the amount of time necessary to correct the situation without having to rely on the manufacturer.
For customers with legacy control systems that need more analytic capabilities, redundancy in controls, and a long-term supported platform, the Nexus OnCore Control System provides a redundant architecture, an easy-to-use interface and simplified trending capabilities.
The Nexus OnCore Control System provides you with the latest software tools including process-oriented function blocks and built-in troubleshooting and maintenance tools. These tools are built into a simplified user interface that is designed to improve the speed and accuracy of operator response times to changes. Combined with our improved life cycle support, this Nexus OnCore Control System will help you improve performance, operability, and availability.
To learn more, contact us today.
- Low total installation cost
- High operational effectiveness
- A single license for a unified software program
- Ease of configuration, expansion and troubleshooting
- Seamless interface
- A single solution for multiple asset or unit types
- Redundant I/O communication and power enables independent module replacement without a total system shutdown
- Three-level system network provides real-time performance with high-speed data exchange where you need it most – between the controller and HMI. Non-critical information such as data backups is handled on a separate data highway.
- The rich function block library allows the user to customize the application and/or the specific user-defined sequencing to adapt plant configurations, both current and future
- Integrated HMI software package includes embedded historian and engineering tools. The historian can be expanded with no additional equipment, saving costs while enhancing analytical capability
- Easily configured software can customize the HMI screen, reducing training time while improving the user experience
- Provides operators a safe environment for training on turbine control systems
- Offers a test environment to review changes before deploying in the operating plant
- Supplies tools for troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis
- Creates a platform for optimizing process parameters
- Reduces distributed control system commissioning time for new plants
- In addition to highly critical machinery such as turbines and generators, your plant may include vital turboexpanders for energy recovery. If so, we can help you effectively operate these assets with distributed control systems that merge safety with operational efficiency. The Nexus OnCore Control System can be configured to optimize a turboexpander operation
- Reduces the distributed control system commissioning time for new plants