The harshest industrial environments require rugged and reliable NDT inspection products specifically designed to stand up to any conditions.
There are few inspection tools more versatile than the portable ultrasonic flaw detector. It is ideally suited to stand up to a wide range of inspection challenges including:
- Weld inspection and corrosion measurement in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Petrochemical industries
- Inspection of fine-grained and long work forgings
- Inspection of special materials, including those used in the Aerospace and Automobile industries
Perform comprehensive and highly accurate NDT flaw detection inspections on industrial assets without interrupting operations or putting personnel at risk.
The Krautkramer USM 36 portable ultrasonic flaw detector benefits include:
- Powerful inspection features in a compact, ergonomic package. Combined state of the art flaw detection capabilities with a lightweight and nearly indestructible design.
- Large 7-inch high-resolution color screen with streamlined operation. Data is easy to view and interpret, and together with an operating platform familiar in the market makes in-the-field inspection easier than ever.
- Comprehensive connectivity enables nimble data analysis and sharing. Inspection results can be stored on a removable SD-card or USB memory and a VGA connection allows the instrument’s display to be shown externally.
An important improvement in the Krautkrämer USM 36 is its large 7-inch screen, with an 800x480 pixel resolution. The entire area is available to display crisp A-scans, making it the best in its class. Signals can be easily viewed and accurately interpreted, even in bright sunlight, with tired eyes at the end of a long working day.
- The Krautkrämer USM 36 uses the familiar rotary knobs of previous models but the function keys have now been minimized into a simple, intuitive 6-key keyboard, allowing simple and efficient operation.
- Inspection set-up is also easy. Not only for technicians who have used USM Go or USM Go+ for previous inspections, as set-up data is transferable directly from these instruments, which share the same user interface. This also ensures a rapid learning curve for technicians familiar with the USM Go instruments.
Data reporting on the Krautkrämer USM 36 can also include screenshots and A-scan videos, where A-scans can be recorded for subsequent analysis or to provide proof of inspection. All data and reports can be in jpeg or BMP format. Connectivity is a major feature of the Krautkrämer USM 36. Data can be stored on a removable SD-card or USB memory stick, either for record purposes or to allow data sharing. A VGA connection allows the instrument’s display to be shown on an external monitor or on a projector screen for training purposes.
- The Krautkrämer USM 36 is fully protected against dust and water ingress to IP66 and can be operated in ambient temperatures from -10°C to +55°C. It can be used in sandy deserts, frozen wastelands, and in the humid tropics.
- The Krautkrämer USM 36 flaw detector weighs just 2.2 kg and is battery- or mains- operated. Its Li-ion battery has an operating life of more than 13 hours, with an integrated battery charger for those longer shifts.
The versatile instrument is offered in three versions to meet the most standard inspection codes. The most advanced version can operate in DAC, AWS, and DGS modes, features a powerful square wave pulser for excellent material penetration, and can accommodate Waygate Technologies patented trueDGS probe technology, which offers unrivaled accuracy in the sizing of flaws using the DGS method, as well the patented Phantom Echo Detection technology.