Achieve reliable results in a variety of inspection situations throughout the industrial and process spectrum, from aerospace to power generation and from the automotive sector to the oil and gas industry.
When ultrasonic testing circumstances call for a portable and lightweight handheld instrument, there is no reason to compromise quality for convenience. Designed with a rugged rubber casing to stand up to the harshest field conditions and small enough to fit into the palm of the hand or a coveralls pocket, this is truly the ultrasonic flaw detector designed to stand up to any inspection challenge.
- Weld inspection
- Inspection of forging and castings
- Inspection of rails
- Inspection of composites
- For more demanding applications such as narrow band filters, low noise digital amplifier, and square wave pulsers
When flaw detection equipment can be operated with one hand, inspectors are free to make changes to the probe or their environment with the other. Inspections don’t get easier than that.
- A-Scan video recording up to 8 minutes allows live reporting and playback of an entire inspection sequence for review by more qualified personnel (e.g. Level III).
- A truly ambidextrous instrument with the flip function of the display and functionality of the rocker switches.
- AUTOANG (Auto Angle) feature calculates the refracted angle of an angle beam wedge and utilizes it for Trigonometric flaw location projections.
- A standard USB connection allows for data to be downloaded from the flaw detector for further analysis or storage.
- The instrument’s 2 GB memory can be easily exchanged by SD cards up to 16 GB.
- Reports are produced in jpeg or bmp format so there is no need for special reading software.
- Backwall Echo Attenuator (BEA) helps to find very small defects, improving detectability.
- Automatic Gate Threshold for the 2 gates ensuring accurate measurements made under the same conditions.
The USM Go+ is the ideal device for portable ultrasonic testing. It comfortably fits in the palm of your hand or pocket of coveralls for ease of use and transport. It’s the perfect tool for operation in confined spaces, areas with difficult access, or other difficult environments.
Actually, you can operate it with one hand, thanks to the arrow-keypad, which allows for intuitive navigation and fast and precise adjustments. That comes in handy when you need your other hand to adjust the probe or just hold on to a ladder. Are you left-handed? No problem, use the ‘flip’ function to adapt the instrument to your hand.
Its molded rubber casing makes the USM Go+ the sturdy instrument you need in the sometimes harsh conditions of 'the field'. It is dust and waterproof to IP67 and has been tested according to military standards.
The 108mm x 64,8 mm screen (zoomed mode) with best in class 800 x 480 pixel resolution offers optimum echo dynamics and separation. Moreover, it is exceptionally bright so you can easily read the image even in full sunlight. On the other hand, when working in the dark, you can reduce the brightness to reduce eye fatigue and conserve battery life. An integrated stand allows you to optimize the viewing angle when the instrument is desk or bench mounted
Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, the USM Go+ takes UT performance in handheld instruments a step further. The excellent near surface resolution enables you to detect flaws located just under the surface of the test piece with a high degree of reliability.
A wide Pulse Repetition Frequency range allows you to use the USM Go+ at low PRF to inspect forged parts without any “ghost” echoes and to inspect welds at high PRF when fast scanning speed is required.