Corporate supplier diversity
Baker Hughes focuses on inclusion and supplier diversity through awareness and education, partnership development, measurement and accountability.
A message from our CEO
"In this environment where disruptive change is the new normal, the ability to look at a situation from different perspectives can help us see around the corners and anticipate outcomes. Diverse teams and suppliers give us a competitive advantage."
What is Supplier Diversity?
- Baker Hughes has an established commitment to include small and certified diverse businesses that are at least 51% owned, controlled operated and managed by an individual or group that is part of a traditionally underrepresented or underserved group. Common classifications include: minorities, women, veterans, LGBT people, and people with disabilities.
- Supplier diversity is centrally managed within Baker Hughes through the HQ Sourcing Team which is responsible for management and development of diverse suppliers however the identification and utilization of diverse suppliers belongs to every employee.
- Baker Hughes focuses on inclusion and supplier diversity through awareness and education, partnership development, measurement, and accountability.
- Supplier Diversity partners with Product Companies as Champions for the integration of supplier diversity into all sourcing activities.
How much did Baker Hughes spend with diverse suppliers last year?
In 2022, Baker Hughes spent $236MM with diverse suppliers that provided products & services to the enterprises.
How does Supplier Diversity add value to Baker Hughes?
- Utilization of diverse suppliers increases the size of the supplier pool creating increased competition, innovation, and potential cost savings within sourcing opportunities.
- An effective supplier diversity program provides a competitive advantage within the energy technology industry to attract and retain Baker Hughes’ partnerships and relationships.
- Having a diverse supply chain will result in better communities, customers, employees, and stronger business solutions.
Where can I learn more about Supplier Diversity?
Minority Supplier Develop in the UK (MSDUK)
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
Minority Supplier Development in China (MSD China)
South African Supplier Diversity Council (SASDC)