- Deploy and install efficiently, with no running tools or special personnel required
- Get a reliable seal that self energizes in all annular fluids, even hydrocarbons
- Ensure maximum, long-term expansion in irregular annular areas
- Perforated, cased-hole completions
- Openhole completions
The REPacker™ reactive element packer from Baker Hughes can give you reliable, long-term annular isolation to prevent unwanted formation production.
This self-energizing, swelling elastomer packer is designed to close off annular flow around the tubular assemblies your wells—both open and cased hole. The packer activates when the elastomer element comes into contact with your wellbore fluids. At this point, the element absorbs selected components of the fluid into the rubber, causing the element to swell. The increase in the element’s outer diameter will eventually seal off annular flow in your well. This continuous process ensures a long-term seal, even in irregular or possibly changing annular areas.
The REPacker reactive element packer is designed for flexibility, providing robust isolation in any well environment you experience.
- The elastomer element swells in both oil- and water-based environments
- The packer can be used in open-hole or perforated casing environments
- The packer is made up into the liner string and run into your well like any other joint of casing
- The element may be constructed of a single or multiple reactive polymers, and supported on each end by our XTremeZone™ Nitrile elastomer
- A bonding agent on the mandrel, along with hydrostatically energized frictional forces, prevent element wadding or slippage, which helps the packer move through tight-hole or deviated well conditions
REPacker swelling compounds were developed and tested to downhole conditions in various sizes and percentages of swell. Packer performance has been validated by thousands of field runs. And to ensure an efficient deployment, installation, and activation, our packer experts stand ready to assist you.
Contact us to learn how the REPacker reactive element packer can eliminate annular flow around your tubular assemblies.