- Avoid costly production losses or needless remediation
- Get additional data similar to full waveform signature display
- Ensure reliability in high-temperature applications with 400°F (204°C) rating
- Cement bond evaluation in casing formation annulus
- Zonal isolation identification
- High-pressure/ high-temperature (HP/HT) environments
The Acoustic Cement Bond Log™ (CBL™) well integrity evaluation service from Baker Hughes evaluates the effectiveness of the cement sheath surrounding your casing. The evaluation is performed by analyzing the effect of the casing, cement sheath, and the formation on the acoustic wave emanating from the acoustic CBL instrument. The amplitude curve of the reflected acoustic wave is maximum in unsupported casing, and minimum in sections where the cement is well bonded to the casing and the formation.
The log presentation includes a recording of the reflected acoustic waveform, either as a half-wave or a full-wave (signature) display, or as a variable-density display. These waveforms help identify the wave path and confirm the interpretation of the amplitude curve. When complete bonding is indicated, the through-the-formation wave is identifiable, and can be used much like an openhole acoustic log.
Contact us today to learn how the Acoustic Cement Bond Log can optimize the evaluation of your cement sheath.