- Maximizes production capability through the valve and minimizes downtime with large bore design
- Withstands pressures and temperatures exceeding 28,000 psi (1,931 bar) and 450°F (232°C) with nonelastomeric dynamic seal assembly
- Maximizes setting depth options up to 8,000 ft in some models thanks to rod-piston design
- High-pressure/high-temperature (HP/HT) and highly corrosive wells
- Deep-set wells
- Big bore wells
The W-Series surface-controlled wireline-retrievable subsurface safety valve from Baker Hughes gives you the high-integrity seal you need to maintain well control and optimize flow rate in extreme reservoir conditions.
The W-Series offers premium features designed for durability, including:
- Nonelastomeric seal material to withstand high pressures and temperatures
- Metal-to-metal housing threads that provide strength and sealing under harsh conditions
- Rugged flapper construction featuring high tensile strength metallurgy that eliminates bending
- HP/HT packing and piston seal stacks for additional seal integrity
Although the W-series valves are designed to be insert safety valves for tubing retrievable safety valves, they can easily be adapted for use in a wireline nipple completion. They can be supplied with or without a patented, thru-the-flapper self-equalizing feature.
W-Series valves also feature a large bore design that minimizes pressure drop and maximizes production capacity through the valve. It also allows access for wireline tools to be run through the valve, minimizing downtime expenses normally associated with pulling a wireline retrievable valve.
Discover how the W-Series surface-controlled wireline-retrievable subsurface safety valve can help you maximize recovery, even in the harshest conditions.