- Offshore with limited accessibility, restrictions on number of personnel, logistic constraints
- Congested working area with limited accessibility for lifting and handling
- Limited workshop capabilities
- 60% shorter maintenance downtime than standard approach
- 30% labor and logistics costs per unit
- Minimized customer’s safety stock needs by applying modularization approach
PetroSA's FA production platform is installed in approximately 113 m water, about 72 km south of Mossel Bay, South Africa. The platform routes gas from the FA and EM subsea fields to the Mossel Bay GTL refinery for the production of ultra-clean, low-sulfur, low-aromatic synthetic fuels and high-value products.
Our Advisory Service team was asked to provide a new maintenance approach for the platform's three 5-MW power-generation trains. The objectives were clear: ensure minimized outage downtime and workforce presence on the platform, reduce maintenance costs and, most importantly to PetroSA, present zero HSE risk.