- Elevated downhole temperature
- Low production rate
- High amount of free gas
- Sand production
- Recurring rod lift failures
- Chemical treatment required
- Maintained production
- Reduced maintenance costs 90%
- Increased run time
- Lowered operating cost
- Eliminated frequent shutdowns
- Reduced intervention costs
- Eliminated efficiency loss due to recirculation
An oil producer in Brazos County, Texas was struggling to stabilize production from an Eagle Ford well. Initially a rod lift system was installed, but due to high amounts of gas, rod failures occurred monthly. Baker Hughes offered two different electrical submersible pumping (ESP) systems, but severe downhole conditions such as low inflow, high gas content, gas slugging, and high downhole temperature caused short ESP runs.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.