- Onshore production well, Kazakhstan
- Premier packer model 598-287
- Mandrel inside diameter 2.870 in. and outside diameter 3.550 in.
- Cutting interval length of 1.3 ft for the packer mandrel
- Minimized mobilization costs and operating time
- Monitored cutting operation at the surface confirming the cut and avoiding unnecessary trips out of hole
An operator working an onshore production well in Kazakhstan needed to retrieve a PremierTM packer. Baker Hughes quickly mobilized the Mechanical Pipe CutterTM (MPCTM) pipe recovery service from their local facility to sever the packer mandrel. The equipment arrived in a short time frame avoiding the delays traditionally caused by using explosives or hazardous chemicals for this type of operation.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.