- Enhance plant availability and avoid costly shutdown
- Optimize compressor performance with 75-MW electric motor driver
- Pass very rigorous test campaign
- Nine electric-motor-driven compressors guaranteeing ~14 MTPA of LNG with a record availability of 99.8%
- Developed and patented a vibration control system to safely prevent torsional phenomena
- Modularized solutions reduced time for site installation, commissioning and start-up
With more than 30 years of extensive experience in LNG, Baker Hughes was asked to develop a fully electric solution for Freeport LNG's liquefaction and export project in south Texas. We helped expedite construction of main liquefaction trains 2 and 3, utilizing a total of nine centrifugal compression shaft-lines, each driven by a 75-MW electric motor. The compressors are fully integrated with the variable-speed motors, and guarantee approximately 14 MTPA of LNG with a record availability of 99.8%.