- Average of 261 ppm of oil in injection water
- High water injection pressures
- Large vessel interphases
- Facility upsets during batching of corrosion inhibitor
- Decreased oil in injection water
- Increased annual oil revenue by more than $264,000 USD due to less oil carry-over of 11.13 BOE/D
- Lowered water injection pressures
- Improved interphase control
- Reduced overall chemical treating costs by 15.4%
Baker Hughes historically has used oil-based demulsifiers to treat the high water cut emulsions found in the mature oil fields of Alberta, Canada.
Looking to field trial a new water- soluble demulsifer, Baker Hughes recommended TRETOLITETM CLEAR demulsifiers to an operator based on treating history and costs of a traditional oil-soluable chemistry, injection water-oil carry-over, and volume of water produced. The oil treating facility was producing a significant amount of water—more than 73,500 B/D.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.