- Deploy a fully integrated completion and production assembly in a single trip
- Get sustained, years-long high production rates in deep, HP/HT reservoirs
- Ensure safety and reliability with continuous real-time downhole data
- High-pressure/high-temperature (HP/HT) offshore reservoirs
- Ultradeepwater reservoirs
Maximize the production potential of your ultradeepwater assets with the Hammerhead™ ultradeepwater completion and production system from Baker Hughes. The industry’s first fully integrated wellhead-to-reservoir completion and production system for frontier plays, the Hammerhead system delivers long-term, increased recovery in your most extreme downhole environments.
Optimize production with a full-service completion system
The Hammerhead system is the culmination of years of development aimed at enhancing ultimate oil recovery and sandface optimization in ultradeepwater plays. The fully integrated system includes:
- A high-rate, high-pressure, single-trip multi-zone frac-pack (MZFP) lower completion containing screens, sleeves, and a frac pack system that can reliably deliver up to 5 million lbs (2.26 million kg) of proppant at rates of 50 barrels per minute into as many as five zones.
- A production assembly in the lower completion that provides a minimum 5.25-in. (133-mm) production inner diameter capable of producing up to 30,000 barrels per day (BPD) at differential pressures of up to 15,000 psi (1,034 bar).
- A dual-zone intermediate fluid loss assembly that opens the lower completion and moves the fluid loss control from the lower completion to two fluid loss valves, one for the lower zones and one for the upper zones.
- An upper completion assembly that includes a telescopic tubing spaceout joint, choking hydraulic valves, chemical injection, pressure and temperature gages, feed-through, production packer, and safety valve.
The system also gives you a continuous stream of real-time downhole data, with a fiber-optic distributed temperature sensing (DTS) system and pressure sensors inside the lower completion. The full-time surveillance of your downhole pressure and temperature data gives you additional safety and reliability throughout a more than 20-year production life.
Maximize your profitability in the most extreme conditions
The Hammerhead system is designed and tested for well depths up to 33,000 ft (10,060 m), water depths up to 10,000 ft (3050 m) as well as temperatures to 300°F (150°C) and pressures to 25,000 psi (1,700 bar).
While the system was developed to withstand extreme environments such as the Gulf of Mexico’s Lower Tertiary trend, it can enable long-term, high-rate production and help deliver full-field economic payback in any ultradeepwater asset. The system can improve recovery factors by two percent, at a minimum, which translates to billions of dollars of increased production revenue over the life of your well.
Contact us today to learn how the Hammerhead ultradeepwater completion and production system can optimize reservoir recovery in your extreme production environments.