- Get effective temporary clay stabilization to prevent shale softening and proppant embedment
- Eliminate costly batch mixing and disposal challenges associated with potassium chloride
- Mitigate environmental impacts associated with conventional alternative products
- Aqueous-based completion and stimulation operations
- Water-based fracturing treatments in clay-sensitive formations
Prevent formation damage in your shale and sandstone reservoirs with the ClayCareTM temporary clay stabilizer from Baker Hughes. A low toxicity, biodegradable, and environmentally responsible technology, the ClayCare stabilizer helps avoid permeability losses from swelling clays and prevent shale softening to keep your formations producing at optimal rates.
Ensure clay stability in various water-based fluids
The ClayCare stabilizer gives you wide-ranging application flexibility. This liquid concentrate can be used in batch or continuous mix operations where an effective clay stabilizer is required. The stabilizer is also compatible with virtually all other slickwater and crosslinked fluid systems.
Our application experts work with you to ensure the suitability of the ClayCare stabilizer with your formation. Laboratory testing is recommended to determine appropriate concentrations for formations with more than 5% water-sensitive clays. The stabilizer may be incompatible with some anionic additives.
The ClayCare stabilizer is used in Baker Hughes SmartCareTM family of environmentally conscious fluid systems, including:
- HydroCareTMslickwater systems
- AquaCareTMlinear gel
- ShaleXcelTM, LightningTM, and Lightning Plus borate-crosslinked systems
The SmartCare designation helps ensure that your technical performance and environmental priorities are achieved. Evaluated by the Baker Hughes Environmental Services group’s chemical assessment review process, the ClayCare product has been methodically vetted for health, safety, and environmental criteria, performance, consistency, compatibility, and value.
Contact us to learn how the ClayCare temporary clay stabilizer can help protect your sensitive formations and optimize well production.