- Compact series (AFC) can be mounted on shafts up to 265 mm diameter for optimized overall dimensions in all industries
- Heavy-industry series (AFX) fits shafts of up to 900 mm diameter; high torque capacity for extreme loads
- Custom design capabilities to meet any requirements
- Construction dedicated for iron and steel norm, and derived for industry
- Can be balanced per ISO/AGMA/API requirements
- ATEX certified for nuclear and explosive areas
- Transmittable torques Tt calculated for 12 hours per day operation
- Misalignment: from 0°30’ (no-load) to 1°30’ (load)
- Service factor Ks: 1 and speed factor Kv: 1
Since 1946, we have delivered thousands of COMELOR and Lufkin Gears couplings. This webpage reviews our two standard series (AFC and AFX), which have decades of proven service in all kinds of transmission applications around the world. We have the experience, knowledge, and specialized engineering expertise to develop a customized solution that meets any requirements you may have.
For AFC and AFX30 to AFX180 couplings, the basic speed is 1,000 rpm. For AFX200 to AFX650 couplings, the basic speed is 300 rpm. Coupling capability can be adjusted based on customer application speed.
As base configuration, our couplings are greased. In case of specific application involving higher rotation speed or specific customer request, we can propose different lubrication solutions including:
- Oil filling
- Oil sprayed though nozzles as close as possible to the teeth and collected in a coupling guard
This series is designed for applications in every industry, with simple construction and all the essential qualities that characterize flexible gear couplings. Construction includes a centering ring that enables complete interchangeability of the flexible halves. Its dynamic characteristics (moment of inertia, weight and balancing possibility) make it ideal in high-speed applications.
With a high torque capacity for applications requiring extreme loads, this series is designed primarily for heavy industry such as steel, aluminum, copper, rubber, sugar. It differs from the AFC series by its removable sleeve covers. The AFX series enables connection to shafts of up to 900 mm diameter, and the weight of such large couplings can exceed 10 tons.
See Resources section below for downloadable PDF specifications tables for the AFC and AFX series.
Our customs coupling designs are all derived from the AFX and AFC standards. They all present specific capability developed to match the most challenging conditions and very specific power transmission requirements.
- Disc brake coupling: fitted with a disk brake; used, for example, in hoist drive of overhead crane
- Brakewheel coupling: fitted with a handwheel brake; used, for example, in hoist drive of overhead crane
- AFR rope drum carrier coupling: used, for example, as connection between speed reducer and winch drum
- AGD coupling with large misalignment capacity: provides an increased capability to deal with misalignment; used, for example, in mill roll drive
- Disengageable coupling: can be engaged or disengaged with the driver and the driven equipment; used, for example, as connection between tandem motors
- Shear pin coupling: fitted with shear pins used as over-torque protection; used in any application where over toque can occur, for example, crusher or roll mill
- Telescopic coupling: fitted with a sliding capacity of the hub, enabling it to accommodate variable distance between shafts; used, for example, for hydrafiner drive in a paper mill
- AGV high speed coupling: designed for high-speed applications, for example, as connection between speed increaser/reducer gearbox and compressor or turbine