- Reduce water required for fracturing by more than 90%
- Minimize equipment footprint to reduce truck traffic & achieve frac operations on small locations
- Maximize proppant pack conductivity and formation permeability with nonpolymer fluid system
- Hydraulic fracturing operations in low-pressure or water-sensitive reservoirs
- Operations in areas with limited water use due to environment regulations or availability
Get safe, efficient fracture stimulation of your low-pressure, underpressured, and water-sensitive formations with VaporFrac™ services from Baker Hughes.
VaporFrac services use an ultra-lightweight LiteProp™ proppant slurry. The LiteProp slurry combines an ultralightweight proppant with an environmentally compliant carrier fluid, which is transported to location in a tanker. During the stimulation, the concentrated slurry is pumped directly into the high-pressure nitrogen gas and/or carbon dioxide gas stream, which is then pumped downhole.
This technique improves your effective fracture area and conductivity compared to frac jobs using natural sand, while minimizing proppant volumes required to achieve your stimulation goals.
The nondamaging, environmentally preferred service creates a flow stream that is 94 to 96% gas—significantly reducing your freshwater requirements, post-frac cleanup time, and water disposal costs.
VaporFrac services are part of the SmartCare family of environmentally conscious chemical solutions, which ensures that you achieve your technical performance and environmental priorities.
Contact us to learn how VaporFrac services can optimize your hydraulic fracturing operations in low-water areas.