- Get increased horsepower capacity with optimized motor head design
- Improve durability and run life with corrosion-resistant construction options
- Optimize lifting costs in high-temperature wells to improve your return on investment
- Conventional oil wells
- Unconventional oil wells
- Offshore oil wells
Increasingly complex electrical submersible pumping (ESP) system requirements demand a robust motor that can operate reliably in challenging downhole conditions. The CENtrilift Xtreme Performance (XP) production system from Baker Hughes is designed to meet the greater reliability demands in the most challenging downhole environments.
Assured performance from innovative designs
The CENtrilift XP motor is built on the foundation of Baker Hughes proven induction motor technology, which has a track record of unsurpassed reliability in thousands of wells around the world.
The two-pole, three-phase induction motor includes several design features that ensure robust performance in high-temperature, corrosive well conditions.
- Epoxy-encapsulated windings and end turns have higher thermal conductivity, which lowers your motor’s operating temperature for greater stability and enhanced thermal life. This unique epoxy-encapsulated construction holds the motor windings rigid, which prolongs motor life while isolating the windings from debris for greater electrical integrity.
- The motor’s bearing system design uses a proprietary non-magnetic, wear-resistant, cobalt-based alloy bearing carrier and all-steel laminations, which optimizes motor efficiency and lowers the operating temperature of the bearings.
- The patented anti-rotation elastomer T-ring design improves reliability by preventing bearing spin while allowing axial movement during thermal cycling.
- A compliantly-mounted tungsten carbide bushing and sleeve provides robust support at the motor base.
- An optimized rotor and stator geometry provides one of the industry’s highest efficiency ratings, which helps reduce your power expenses and lower overall lifting costs.
- The stator’s enhanced insulation and epoxy encapsulation restrains the windings for reliable performance in harsh dowhhole operating conditions.
- A redesigned motor head, which includes a high torsional strength shaft, enhances the XP motor’s run life and horsepower ratings while ensuring greater strength in hard-start applications.
Other design upgrades, including an enhanced insulating block and seamless connection to CentriLink™ motor lead extensions, ensures that the XP motor runs reliably at operating temperatures up to 450°F (232°C).
And in your corrosive production environments, deploy the XP motor with a corrosion-resistant stainless steel metallurgy or a metalized flame-spray coating with an epoxy overcoat.
Contact us today to find out how the CENtrilift XP motor can improve the performance of your ESP systems.