- Initial Training Program (ITP) for newly hired field employees
- Structured training programs for field employees in mechanicals and controls
- Dedicated training paths for our sales, commercial and other functions
- 9 classrooms/labs, videoconference facilities, and virtual reality room
- Dedicated training workshop equipped with all TPS rotating equipment
- NovaLT™5 gas turbine and dedicated control room for real unit start-up
- Knowledge transfer by real case studies in installations, services and troubleshooting on TPS rotating equipment
- Training experience enhanced by challenging virtual reality scenarios
- Highest HSE and quality standards on all training provided
The Baker Hughes Technical Training Academy (TTA) for Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) was created in 2008 to provide TPS Field Specialists and Field Supervisors the necessary competencies and skills to execute projects at customer sites with the industry's highest HSE and quality standards.
Our new, enlarged facility occupies approximately 2,200 m2 (23,680 ft2)—equivalent to three international football fields. Since 2008, we've trained more than 18,000 attendees through over 700,000 hours of classroom and hands-on courses.
Continually evolving and engaging
By leveraging the extensive range of real turbomachinery units and control panels, and employing leading-edge educational technology such as virtual reality and interactive smart boards, we enable our complete population of Field Specialists and Field Supervisors to achieve the necessary expertise to properly support our customers throughout their most challenging projects—from installation, to service, and troubleshooting.
Dedicated training paths
Thanks to a unique field-competency model, each Field Specialist and Supervisor is assigned to a dedicated training path that allows them, new hires and experts, to achieve the technical certifications necessary to operate on customer site, respecting all relevant safety and quality requirements.
Ensuring company-wide consistency
The TTA also trains employees from all other Baker Hughes business functions that require specific technical training on TPS rotating equipment and control systems.