- Select charges engineered to meet your specific completion requirements
- Choose from the optimal conveyance solution to optimize your perforation productivity
- Select from low-debris charges or designs optimized for deployment in deeper, hotter wells
- All types of reservoirs, including sandstones, limestones, and shales
- Suitable for wireline, tubing-conveyed, and coiled tubing-conveyed perforating operations
Optimize your completion design with Predator™ shaped charges from Baker Hughes. Our charges are engineered to match whatever completion requirements you face, giving you unparalleled control of your wellbore’s connectivity to the formation.
Predator shaped charges are a proven part of our more than 40-year history of developing engineered shaped charges for optimal well completions. Regardless of the perforating challenge you face, our Predator shaped charges offer a solution.
- Ensure effective sand control with the Predator FP™ high-performance shaped charge, which delivers a larger pore size but smaller penetration. The charge offers maximum area-open-to-flow in the casing for optimal reservoir drainage.
- Ensure penetration past damaged or invaded zones with the Predator XP™ shaped charge. This premium deep-penetrating charge delivers smaller pore sizes.
- Achieve superior performance in your natural completions with the Predator ZX™ shaped charge. This ultrahigh performance, deep-penetrating charge creates more connectivity to undisturbed areas of your formation.
- Alleviate frac problems when stimulating your shale formations with the Predator XS™ shaped charge. This charge optimizes the hole size for the stimulation while penetrating past much of the near-wellbore damage. You get a more successful frac job, with more formation exposure at a lower cost.
- Minimize the debris from your exploded charge with designs available under the PERFFORM™ line of low-debris shaped charges. This includes the Predator XP PERFFORM charge, the industry’s first and only high-performance, low-debris charge available in both phased and oriented shot patterns.
- Confidently perforate in deeper and hotter sections of your wellbore with Predator charges custom designed for high-temperature use. Manufactured to withstand degradation at elevated temperatures, these charges will not activate until they are where you need them in the hole.
Predator shaped charges also give you a wide range of deployment options, depending on your need. They come in a variety of gun size, shot densities, and shot-phasing options. And like all Baker Hughes charges, Predator shaped charges are manufactured and tested in accordance with rigid API RP-19B specifications, the recommended practice for evaluation of well perforators.
Contact us to learn how Predator shaped charges can optimize your perforation jobs for maximum reservoir access.