Sand production is tough on your equipment and the overall profitability of your producing assets. Sand control packers from Baker Hughes reliably keep formation sand out of your wellbore, maximizing sand-free production and extending the life of your assets.
Proven sand control experience
Working with us, you get access to the industry’s most sand control experience and widely applied packer systems. The Baker Hughes SC-XP gravel- and frac-packing system and SC-2 sand control packers cover the full spectrum of sand control needs, in both conventional and extended-reach wells, in multiple applications:
- Land and offshore, including deepwater completions
- Large, high-pressure/high-temperature (HP/HT) reservoirs with bubble-tight requirements
- Formations requiring high treating pressures
For your high-rate, high-pressure frac pack jobs in ultra-deepwater and other HP/HT wells, the SC-XP is engineered for successful sand control. The packer’s optimized bore geometry and performance envelope provide reliable erosion resistance while pumping high proppant volumes and increased weight-down capability during treating operations. The SC-XP efficiently executes cased- and openhole gravel packs for increased operational flexibility.
To monitor well performance during production, the SC-2 packer gives you a fully-retrievable, high-performance sand control packer with fiber-optic wet connectors. You get reliable sand control along with advanced fiber-optic technology to measure distributed temperature, strain sensing, and pressure and temperature gauge measurements along the length of the pay zone.
Regardless of your production application, our sand control packers deliver a number of operational and cost-savings benefits.
- Increase efficiency in extreme environments. Achieve faster conveyance rates and reliable sand control at higher bottomhole temperatures and production ratings than other packers on the market, providing you sand-free production in extreme conditions
- Maximize the value of your assets. Ensure formation isolation and prevent erosion or damage to your casing design, thus minimizing your intervention costs
- Extend your performance envelope. Ensure better performance in long laterals, including openhole and cased-hole completions, with systems rated for temperatures up to 400 °F (204 °C), treating pressures of 15,000 psi (103.4 MPa), and proppant volumes of 1,500,000 lbm (680,400 kg) at rates of 60 bbl/min
- Ensure flawless execution. Get reliable sand control with packers that enable long horizontal, openhole gravel packing without disturbing the filter cake and set-down weights in all tool positions for increased operational reliability
Let’s work together to find sand control packer solutions that can extend your well life and reduce intervention costs.