CRxVision is a high-resolution weld inspection and all-purpose computed radiography scanner from Waygate Technologies.
The scanner is developed to cover the stringent ISO 17636-2 Class A and B requirements, as well as ASTM, ASME and EN weld standards. Because of its versatility, it can also be used for many other applications across the NDT industry.
CR starts here
Packed with innovative features to increase throughput, extend plate life and provide excellent image quality, the CRxVision is designed specifically for the inspection of welds. Because of its versatility, it can also be used for many other applications across the NDT industry.
A new innovative imaging plate design now provides the CRxVision imaging plates with more flexibility. This new design allows each imaging plate the ability to return to a flat state after being constantly bent around pipes for the inspection of welds. This feature also helps improve productivity by allowing the imaging plates to be easily extracted and reinserted into cassettes.
Benefits of the CRxVision
- Compliant to ISO 17636-2 Class A and B, ASME, ASTM and EN weld inspection standards
- The CRxVision has an extremely wide latitude eliminating the need for multiple gain settings
- Exposure times for welds are equal or better than existing film exposure times
- The scanner allows multiple imaging plates to be scanned simultaneously
- Imaging plates can be exposed in any type of cassette, then simply removed and inserted directly into the scanner
- A new innovative imaging plate design now provides the CRxVision imaging plates with more flexibility
CRxVision: the versatile, new tabletop scanner
- Flexible accepting a wide range of sizes, shapes and classes of imaging plates
- Intuitive no gain setting or photomultiplier adjustments required when exposing various thicknesses
- Fast multiple plate scanning option: side-by-side and back-to-back with a flat transport path
- High Resolution new laser optics for profound reading and higher data extraction
- Extended Plate Life no mechanical handling of the imaging plate during scanning and erasing
- ASTM DICONDE Compliant fully compatible with Waygate Technologies existing Rhythm Software Platform
- Ambient Operation cover protects the imaging plate from light exposure
- Direct Laser Contact the laser beam is in direct contact with the imaging plate (no glass to obscure data collection)
Even though the CRxVision was designed for the inspection of welds, it also has the ability to cover a wide range of industrial radiography applications
- Weld inspection
- Erosion/Corrosion inspection (CUI, FAC, etc.)
- Castings (In-process and final)
- Valve positioning
- Concrete and Structure inspection
- Government (Arsenals, National Laboratories, Proving Grounds)
- Military (in-service aircraft, ships, etc.)
Compliant to ISO 17636-2 Class A and B, ASME, ASTM and EN weld inspection standard.
Extremely wide latitude eliminating the need for multiple gain settings when exposing over a wide range of thicknesses. Providing 40 micron SRb, the CRxVision is offering the highest resolution outcome in NDT. Extremely wide latitude eliminating the need for multiple gain settings when exposing over a wide range of thicknesses.
Designed for extremely high throughput: 90 plates/hr at 70 microns or 28 plates/hr at 35 microns for a 10 x 40 cm (4.5 x 17”) plate.
Allows multiple imaging plates to be scanned simultaneously reaching 84 plates/hour at 35 microns for 10 x 40 cm (4.5 x 17”) plate at 3 image plates entry.
Ability to scan any shape or size of imaging plate from 20 to 1500 mm (0.75 to 60”) in length.
Each imaging plate has the ability to return to a flat state after being constantly bent around pipes for the inspection of welds.
Improves productivity by allowing the imaging plates to be easily extracted and reinserted into cassettes.
Simplifies inspection workflow. Ability to automatically crop the images by detecting the physical edges of each individual plate when they are processed
Can be used in ambient light conditions with suitable handling as the light cover protects the plates from light exposure during the scan cycle.
Cover can be removed for work in darkrooms if required.
Request a demo
Contact us to schedule your own on-site or virtual demo to discuss your unique application needs and how we can help you deliver peace of mind.